Because the foundation receives requests for information about other funding opportunities available to Muslim students, it has compiled a non-comprehensive list of scholarships and internships. The foundation assumes no liability for the content of these external links and does not endorse the programs or the organizations which sponsor them. If you want a scholarship or internship program to be listed, please contact FEF.
Federal Student Aid Types
- Islamic Society of Greater Houston Scholarship program
- Islamic Scholarship Fund, Alamo, CA
- Barakat Foundation: Financial Support for Students and Scholars of Islamic Culture
- Arab-American Institute’s List of Scholarships
- King Faisal Foundation Scholarship
- The Canadian Islamic Congress’s New Media Scholarship. Visit the web site and type in “scholarship” in the search box.
- The Alireza Family International Scholarship, established in 2000 to provide scholarships for highly qualified Muslim students who need financial assistance to be able to enroll at Tufts University in Boston, MA, USA. As of February 4, 2008, I could not find a current link for this on the Tufts University web site.
- Islamic Schools’ League of America Scholarship helps Muslim students attend private Islamic schools in the United States
- The Roothbert Fund, Inc. Applications are available November 1 to January 31 for the following school year. Applicants should reside in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, or North Carolina. Interviews are held in March of each year at Fund headquarters in New York City and currently also in Washington, DC, New Haven, and Philadelphia.
- The Chicagoland Muslim Scholarship Fund assists undergraduate Muslim students in 4-yr colleges in the Chicagoland area.
- Arab American Institute Foundation’s Al Muammar Scholarship for Journalism
- Portland, Oregon residents can apply for the Muslim Educational Trust Dr. Mohammad Riyaz Ahmed Scholarship Fund.
- Muslim Youth Leadership Awards Scholarship for Minnesota Muslims http://www.mylawards.org/
- Sisters in Solidarity to Educate, Respond & Serve (S.I.S.T.E.R.S.) provided two $1,000 scholarships in 2007.
- Texas Muslim Scholarship Fund (TMSF) : This project’s purpose is to create an endowment fund that would grant annual scholarships to students studying in Texas in under-represented public affairs fields such as Journalism and Law.
- Dr. Abdulmunim A. Shakir Scholarship: Twenty Students entering their first semester of college in the Fall of 2008 will be awarded this scholarship based on merit, academic achievement, and financial need. Interested students should contact legacy “at” isna.net for more information and how to apply.
- Islamic Society of Northern Wisconsin, Inc. (ISNW)-Mahmoud Taman Trust is offering $1,000 scholarships for Graduate and Undergraduate Students of Islamic Studies. The first deadline is October 1, 2009.
- MoolahSPOT.com – Free scholarship search – Search more than 3 million scholarships to find money for college
- Kaarme Scholarship Search – Find information on over 100,000 scholarships. No login required. Only Kaarme NEVER sells or leases student’s data.
- Dollar-a-Day Scholarship Fund, Inc. provides scholarships, no-interest loans, internship stipends, and professional development opportunities.
- Star and Crescent Society provides educational grants to Muslim women permanent resident or US citizen living in North Carolina, South Carolina or Georgia.
- The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and strengthen their leadership skills to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries
Last updated November 20, 2013.